•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

Uncharted 3? or Just DLC?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
    No replies to this topic

#1 Slidell

Slidell

IBM Life Support

• VIP

• 2,863 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

Drake has a page on meinVZ, a German Facebook clone, and it looks to be maintained by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. On it, a recent status update reads "Wahrscheinlich ist es Wahnsinn, aber ich will der Sache nachgehen. Werde nach Fredrikstad fliegen, Amundsen Heimatort. Muss es wissen!"

Or, in easier to understand words, "This is probably crazy, but I'm looking into it. Flying to Fredrikstad, Amundsen's home town. I must know!"

Fredrikstad is a town in Norway, and is the birthplace of Roald Amundsen, a famed polar explorer who was the first man to ever reach both the South and North Poles.

Where it gets interesting is that Amundsen went missing in 1928, and while the plane he was flying in was later found, his body was not. And where it gets really interesting is that previous updates left on the meinVZ page earlier in the year tell of Amundsen writing about finding 25 million year-old cities buried under the ice.

Certainly sounds like a trail Nathan Drake could find himself on. I wonder, with E3 just around the corner, whether some sizable singleplayer downloadable content could be in store for Uncharted 2?

They've come out and said it was just PR people "Getting in to character." Whatever the **** that means, but someone may have slipped up thought it was worth posting. Not that anyone will read this.