• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

Quote from Detox

Ascension:
    logo.png
    Made by Detox
    Newer version by Noble-Research and DarkShallFall

Ascension is a tool based off the Halo 3 tool Alteration, for use with Halo Reach Beta, reusing much of the source code, but developing new ideas slowly into a new framework. Opening it up you'll find alot of the same ideas, just incorperated differently.

The program will can autoupdate itself, thus users will not fall behind.

I'm aware of the bug that poking over and over, or too many connections to the Xbox will eventually crash the program. I'll be fixing that soon, so no worries. This time around I'll do less talking, and just more of a release, so here's the application for download.. Have fun playing around with it, if questions are asked here I'll try to answer them as much as I can.

ascension1.png

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Using these XEXs you just load the XEX corresponding with which map you'd like to play. Force loaded maps are local and not online or splitscreen, and you can do this after the beta expires, it's purpose is to allow modding and research to be tested. ff10_prototype.map is a firefight map, so you can choose your loadout. However AI will not spawn when force loaded. All other maps will be loaded as Multiplayer, Slayer maps.

To load the map, just be signed into an account, (offline) and launch the XEX, an after the intro videos, the game will appear to freeze but that's just the map loading. Once the map loads, you just need to wait to spawn and you're good. If you start up the XEX without being signed in, you will be asked to use a gamertag or a temporary profile. Using a temporary profile will allow you to continue to the mainmenu. Signing in will launch the map.

Note: A patching program was not released as it was in the past because F&F beta and the ODST beta are slightly different. This is also why the DLLs were included, because without them, the F&F beta would have glitchy sounds. This was based off of the ODST Reach Beta XEX.
    Enjoy.

Attached File  0.0375 (Ascension).rar   852.72KB   2532 downloads
    Post Final Release

Attached File  Ascension_0.026.rar   310.12KB   938 downloads
    Beta-Pre-Final

Original Topic: http://rework3d.com/...p?f=221&t=82605 and never version: http://noble-researc...c.php?f=12&t=12

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

Halo Reach if your lazy is in the VIP section, and the modified XEXs by Detox and unknown_v2 have been released.

Halo Reach Beta map loader xex's
    By Xenon.7 (DeToX) & Unknown v2

Using these XEXs you just load the XEX corresponding with which map you'd like to play. Force loaded maps are local and not online or splitscreen, and you can do this after the beta expires, it's purpose is to allow modding and research to be tested. ff10_prototype.map is a firefight map, so you can choose your loadout. However AI will not spawn when force loaded. All other maps will be loaded as Multiplayer, Slayer maps.

To load the map, just be signed into an account, (offline) and launch the XEX, an after the intro videos, the game will appear to freeze but that's just the map loading. Once the map loads, you just need to wait to spawn and you're good. If you start up the XEX without being signed in, you will be asked to use a gamertag or a temporary profile. Using a temporary profile will allow you to continue to the mainmenu. Signing in will launch the map.

Note: A patching program was not released as it was in the past because F&F beta and the ODST beta are slightly different. This is also why the DLLs were included, because without them, the F&F beta would have glitchy sounds. This was based off of the ODST Reach Beta XEX.

Enjoy.

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2ndzymzldmy

Just sign in, load and click *play the beta* it will load the map.

P.S You might experience lag and you won't have any load-out menu on any map but overlook.

#3 gruntmods

gruntmods

Commander Grade 2

• Donors+

• 1,889 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

Halo Reach if your lazy is in the VIP section, and the modified XEXs by Detox and unknown_v2 have been released.

http://halo.gruntmods.com/Files/Reach%20Beta%20DEV.zip
    For non-VIP

Edited by gruntmods, 01 May 2010 - 03:59 PM.

#4 halo3

halo3

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 1

• Members+

• 571 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

hard to use XD some1 make a tut

Edited by halo3, 02 May 2010 - 09:09 PM.

#5 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

One gentlemen was nice enough to create a tut.

http://insomniacgame...31221#post31221

lol

#6 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

He open-sourced it :p

Xenon is such a great guy. I'm not going to quote his post, but I recommend you all read it here. http://www.rework3d....p?f=221&t=82605

#7 o0TeOzMoDDa0o

o0TeOzMoDDa0o

Recruit

• Members+

• 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:40 AM

Thank You For This + From Me

#8 The Epic MODDER

The Epic MODDER

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:13 PM

Sweet!!!!

#9 cytronixx

cytronixx

Apprentice Grade 1

• Members+

• 9 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

thank you very much for the work on this guys, hopefully i can use this.

#10 Spartan09four

Spartan09four

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Will edit my post shortly with an updated version of this, just incase anyone wants it.
    Can properly take models, all bitmaps etc now. so yeah, bring on Halo 4 the next project....

#11 crazyfool

crazyfool

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

:o i guess he won't be editing that post seeing a month has past...

does anyone know where i can find the model extractor?
    i know there is an ascension model extractor for reach but i hoped you guys might know where or how i can get this.

thank you for reading.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Q5e77EytHpY

this one^^

Edited by crazyfool, 17 June 2012 - 06:40 PM.