First and foremost, a shout out to the hard working developers:
bounci.rabbit.123, xxDriveNxx, MrMEC, H3X, supernatural, theislander, matthew98, Apocalyptic 0n3
So, what's new in version 2?
Well, some new improvements are:
* All menus now have a black background.
* Background for the large album art in Now Playing is now black.
* Black background, new font and new images on Do Not Disconnect screen and charging screen.
* Also all menu text is white.
* All menus and sub-menus have menu icons at the bottom.
* New style stopwatch and screen lock.
* Title and Clock now appear simultaneously in title bar.
So, what do we have here?
1. Redesigned main menu and now playing screen.
2. Music icons at the bottom of the music menu.
3. Rearranged menus.
4. Updated graphics.
IT IS CRUCIAL THAT YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS HACK.
1. Before plugging your iPod into your computer, you must set the main menu settings. This is because the background used for the hack has these icons implemented, and if you do not have this exact configuration, your main menu will either malfunction or take you to the wrong menus.
2. Plug iPod into computer, and open iPodWizard.
3. Load the firmware binary. Please, LOAD THE CORRECT FIRMWARE.
4. Click "Write to iPod".
5. When writing is done, click "Eject", but DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR IPOD.
6. Your iPod will reboot. When it has successfully rebooted, your computer will redetected. Eject it again. Now you may unplug.
7. Enjoy your iPod.
8. If you would like to load extras, see the readme.txt in the Extras folder for specific directions.
If you have trouble installing this hack, these tips may help you.
- Make sure you have the correct firmware. Load a 5G firmware onto 5Gs and 5.5G firmware onto 5.5Gs.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of iPodWizard, which is 220.127.116.11.
- Make sure no other programs are accessing your iPod.
- Make sure you don't unplug your iPod before it is ready.
If you have a reboot loop:
Go into disk mode by holding Center and Play until the Disk Mode screen appears. Connect to your computer and load a clean firmware.
If you are told to restore:
You loaded the wrong firmware. Make sure to load a 5G firmware onto 5Gs and 5.5G firmware onto 5.5Gs.
This firmware cannot, and will not, brick your iPod.
[5G/5.5G] iPod Touch to iPod Video v2.0!
No replies to this topic
Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:01 AM