• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

I want to make a superman video in Headlong. I want to recreate the scene in Superman Returns where the guy on the turret blows up the cop cars and starts shooting at two policemen in slow motion, then superman steps in and saves them.

So far I was able to get the turret to fire really slowly using dothalo. It does no damage to the other players. However, I was unable to get the turret to turn a full 360 degrees. How do I do this? Also, I want to remove the blood when a spartan is shot because superman doesn't bleed when shot at. And I was also wondering how to place a turret where ever I wanted. (Possibly by shooting out a turret from a specific gun). Another thing I wanted to try was to place some cars in Headlong for the "bad guy" to blow up with the turret. Another thing I wanted to do was to get superman to fly (like in an invisible banshee). I know this sounds like a lot of work, but I would appreciate any help that I can get!

P.S. I did a superman video in relic a long time ago if anyone is interested in watching it.

#2 D.HeRo♥

D.HeRo♥

MeLo Is TeH ReSpEcToR

• Retired Staff

• 692 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

sorry for the slight rudeness, but try using something other then dot halo. Use a real-time editor, this will allow you to make changes to the map and edit spawn coords on the turret.

#3 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

I don't know if anyone has done or tried to make the mounted turrets full 360. I'll go check them next time I have entity open. As for your other ideas, blood I think can be nulled, you can duplicate the turrent ITMCs then jsut replace them in a BSP editor

#4 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

Ok. I'm downloading the AIO and UMP v5 programs right now. The only reason I used dothalo is because I used it in 2007 when I got into modding a little bit and I know how to use it. Anyway, which program do you recommend for this? I am really new to all these other modding applications and I really don't know where to begin. I am running xp on my laptop if that makes any difference.

And here is my simple video that I did back then:
    Superman Relic Video

EDIT: I would be willing to use the warthog turret if I was able to separate it from the warthog. The Moon Stronghold map has warthog turrets in the bases that can be moved around.

Edited by MasterChief117, 17 December 2009 - 09:39 PM.

#5 MasterChief117

MasterChief117

Apprentice Grade 2

• Members+

• 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:03 PM

Ok. I'm downloading the AIO and UMP v5 programs right now. The only reason I used dothalo is because I used it in 2007 when I got into modding a little bit and I know how to use it. Anyway, which program do you recommend for this? I am really new to all these other modding applications and I really don't know where to begin. I am running xp on my laptop if that makes any difference.

And here is my simple video that I did back then:
    Superman Relic Video

EDIT: I would be willing to use the warthog turret if I was able to separate it from the warthog. The Moon Stronghold map has warthog turrets in the bases that can be moved around.

UPDATE: I used entity and I know how to move objects around now. And now I would like to insert objects into the map or replace them rather. I would like to replace the cones in Headlong with those cool cars such as the silver one found in the Vehicles War mod on the Killtrocity V2 map pack. I would also like to replace the standard turrets with the warthog turrets in Moon Stronghold. Could someone guide me through the process of doing this?

#6 Neohacker437

Neohacker437

Recruit

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

UPDATE: I used entity and I know how to move objects around now. And now I would like to insert objects into the map or replace them rather. I would like to replace the cones in Headlong with those cool cars such as the silver one found in the Vehicles War mod on the Killtrocity V2 map pack. I would also like to replace the standard turrets with the warthog turrets in Moon Stronghold. Could someone guide me through the process of doing this?

it has been a while since ive owned a xbox and havent been modding for a while but anything that has a texture such as masterchief, guns blood etc can be nulled safely and it wont show up sorry that i dont have any other info for you at this time