•  

• iBotModz CBox

Photo

If you plan on taking Web Design I in highschool.

• Please log in to reply
    3 replies to this topic

#1 .Slack♠

.Slack♠

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4

• VIP

• 1,033 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

Well I took the class and im spreading the love. If your school offers the class with this big fat white text book with nothing but HTML basics you're probably getting the same worthless projects that require you to type exactly what's presented in the book and "learn" it.
    Truth is I learned more about html from cheating in that class.
    After countless classes googling those huge projects in the book that were tedious and hard to catch up if you got lost I found this.
    http://jillniles.tripod.com/
    It has most of the projects available in the text book and if it's not there you can probably find it on google.
    One problem though Cascading Style Sheets (css) is not as simple as right clicking and opening in Notepad to copy all the code.
    BUT!!!!! I have a little fix for that...
    Ok first here is a Web Page that is one of the assignments that deals with an external style sheet
    Posted Image

To find the external style sheet we need to know its name! soooo right click, view source and we find it is.....

Posted Image

.."mws.css"

Posted Image

Now that we know the name of the style sheet we can simply change the address from the page we're viewing to the address of the style sheet.

Posted Image

And wala! we have the css file.

Posted Image

copy paste and get your A+! (just remember to make changes for your page to be unique) and if you teacher looks at the coding like he should you will have to delete all the java script which is self explainatory.

Edited by .Slack♠, 15 August 2009 - 08:15 PM.

#2 360

Sergeant Grade 2

• Donors

• 373 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

I did not take this class in high school but this is pretty good, I guess. + Rep.

#3 miinaturvat

miinaturvat

miiinaturvat

• Donors+

• 927 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:14 AM

This is all good and well, but if someone isn't too smart with HTML and stuff, and they copy this to get a good grade, what the hell are tyhey gonna do if they're asked to explain some of it? :D

But I suppose it's lok for people that are more than capable of it, but can't be bothered :D

#4 Randomrocket

Randomrocket

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2

• VIP

• 796 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

Im taking it this year and we're aren't doing anything like what you described. My teacher is pretty legit and cool.