iPod Touch Jailbreaking Question

• Please log in to reply
    6 replies to this topic

#1 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

So, If I jailbreak my ipod touch, would I be able to just go to the itunes store and get all those apps for free that cost money, or do I get them another way?

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

There will be another application called Installous, you do it from there. An illegal app store.

#3 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

Do you have a tutorial on the best way to jailbreak? The last time I tried, It wiped out all of my applications and reset my settings. I had to restore it from a backup.

#4 lostmodz26

lostmodz26

I am lostmodz26.

• VIP

• 1,153 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

http://tinyurl.com/mmm44v

#5 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

go onto itunes and update to the latest 3.0 firmware (just click update on the main ipod screen) then when thats finnished download the dev teams newest version of "RedSn0w" from here
    WINDOWS LINK - you will also need "LibUSB" installed from THIS LINK (if your in xp itl just install, if your in vista, right click and run in compatibilty for xpsp2)
    MAC LINK

simply run the app (if in windows, after installing libusb) follow the onscreen instructions (dont wory if it takes a couple of tries, its very easy and safe. see the first go as a warm up if need be) and once you reboot you are jailbroken :p

now you want free apps do you? you cheeky devil. ok, after you reboot from the jb (i will say jb now instead of jailbreak...shorthand ftw) have a look around your home screen untill you see a new app called "Cydia" (itl b brown with a white logo) and select "user" as your usertype. then at the bottom go across to "Manage" then click "sources" then click edit and add the adress "http://cydia.hackulo.us/ and then click add. then close the edit view (done) then click on hackulo.us and install "installous" and your golden!

close cydia and have a play in installous. just search for whatever you like from the app store an itl have it for free. s'all good

#6 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

http://tinyurl.com/mmm44v

You fail at life.

#7 Justrec

Justrec

• VIP

• 1,126 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:40 PM

go onto itunes and update to the latest 3.0 firmware (just click update on the main ipod screen) then when thats finnished download the dev teams newest version of "RedSn0w" from here
    WINDOWS LINK - you will also need "LibUSB" installed from THIS LINK (if your in xp itl just install, if your in vista, right click and run in compatibilty for xpsp2)
    MAC LINK

simply run the app (if in windows, after installing libusb) follow the onscreen instructions (dont wory if it takes a couple of tries, its very easy and safe. see the first go as a warm up if need be) and once you reboot you are jailbroken :p

now you want free apps do you? you cheeky devil. ok, after you reboot from the jb (i will say jb now instead of jailbreak...shorthand ftw) have a look around your home screen untill you see a new app called "Cydia" (itl b brown with a white logo) and select "user" as your usertype. then at the bottom go across to "Manage" then click "sources" then click edit and add the adress "http://cydia.hackulo.us/ and then click add. then close the edit view (done) then click on hackulo.us and install "installous" and your golden!

close cydia and have a play in installous. just search for whatever you like from the app store an itl have it for free. s'all good

Does it actually say something like jailbroken? Because If I have no way of knowing, I'm going to think It didn't work.

Nevermind, Cydia should be there.

Edited by Justrec, 17 July 2009 - 08:59 PM.