• Please log in to reply
    5 replies to this topic

#1 Lewie4

Lewie4

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 442 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:04 AM

This is a tutorial on how to get a hotmail account on the ipod touch or the iphone. Please not this was not made by me but it was tested by me.

iPhone Settings for Hotmail, MSN, Live.com etc.
    First step: Register with IzyMail here.
    Next step: Configure Mail as outlined below.

The screenshot were taken with version 2.2 of the iPhone software. Older versions may look slightly different but will also work.

Posted Image Open the Mail application and tap on Other.

Posted Image When entering your Hotmail address, append an extra X at the end. Enter your Hotmail password, then tap [Save].

The extra X helps to override some incorrectly predefined iPhone settings and will force the IMAP/POP selection buttons to appear.

Posted Image For fast and easy email download, tap POP.
    IMAP is possible, but tends to be slow and more complex to handle.

Remove the extra X from the email address.
    Tap [return] twice.

Posted Image Enter the incoming server name sec.izymail.com
    Your email address is also your user name.

Enter the outgoing server name sec.izymail.com
    Your email address is also your user name.
    The password is your Hotmail password.

Posted Image Tap [Save]. The iPhone will try to verify the settings which may take up to 60 sec.

After it may take up to 5 mins to load all your mail but after that its all ready to use.

#2 Dan

Dan

That guy from England.

• Retired Staff

• 1,568 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:34 AM

Why don't you just go on www.hotmail.com on it?

#3 Dark Slipstream

Dark Slipstream

Blue Shadowz Owner

• Members+

• 2,829 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

Yea, I was about to say the same thing lol.. Can't you navigate anywhere using Safari on there?

#4 matty0

matty0

Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3

• Donors+

• 888 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

if you want hotmail there are 2 decent options.

1) go on safari, then www.meebo.com - then click the + and save 2 desktop. huzzah you have a hotmail app.
    NOTE this is purely an IM client, no sending OR reciving of emails.

2) (if jailbroken then you can download this app free through installous - add the hackulo repo in cydia then through that install installous) download the app "mBox Mail Hotmail edition" (its a black icon as opposed to a red one) and put in ur msn deets. itl just work for sending and reciving emails, NOT as an IM client (use www.meebo.com as stated above for that) combining the 2 works gr8 4 me.

(note for jailbroken users)
    if you use a dockflow skin in summerboard/winterboard (and if you dont, you should. there awesome) then u'll find that your standard email icon becomes kinda pointless as you are now using mBox Mail. so what you need 2 do, is to go onto cydia and download an app called "Poof" and then go onto installer (yes finaly a use for it :o ) and download "rename" (there may b a cydia version but that 1 worked gr8 4 me.

now what you need to do is go onto poof (an app to hide icons!!! it can hide ANYTHING so you can finaly get rid of that pointless stocks icon...) and turn off "mail" yes i know this will screw up your dock but dont fret, we'll fix that now.

now close poof and let it "respring" then go onto rename and find mBox Mail. now rename it "Mail" (make sure its a capital M). now respring and you'll notice that its taken the icon of the origional dockflow mail icon :p (this is because a winterboard skin works by basicaly replacing the icons by using the name of the app as a guide. you have just told it that it should use that for the mail icon)

now drag it back into place on your dock an your done :p

i know i rambled but hey im accurate. i hope at least somebody found this interesting lol

#5 Lewie4

Lewie4

Sergeant Grade 2

• Members+

• 442 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

Lol i found my way the day i got it lol

#6 Dan

Dan

That guy from England.

• Retired Staff

• 1,568 posts